Terminology tags without descriptions
Hey, I'm new to the forum, and frankly pretty new to the concept of sakuga in general. But as somebody interested in animation, I'm pretty enamored with the booru as a resource to learn more about it. To that end, and forgive me if I'm out of my lane a bit here, but I was going through the terminology tags and two have no descriptions, "ebata_walk" and "umakoshi_eye". I was wondering if somebody could explain what these are, as google seems to have limited answers, and if descriptions could be added for these tags.

Near as I can tell, "umakoshi_eye" seems to be focused on brief, near-full screen eye zooms, especially while the character is performing some action? And I assume it was pioneered or something by Yoshihiko Umakoshi?

As for "ebata_walk" this one I'm even less clear on, but as far as I've gathered, it was pioneered by "Ryouma Ebata", and I guess they're walking animations where the character's swaying and the shifting of their weight is more exaggerated/emphasized?

Thanks in advance
you're more or less correct with both of your assumptions. Though personally I wouldn't put much stock into the green tags, they're mostly just for fun and loosely based on artistic linages and homages between artists throughout the industry which is great in theory but in practice animation doesn't follow strict guidelines, so a great deal of them could be contested.

Some of them have brief descriptions found at the bottom of this page but many are incomplete: https://www.sakugabooru.com/wiki/show?title=tag_guidelines

Lastly, in the case of umakoshi_eye, it's one of the few that is more of a storyboarding trait than an animation one since the eye close up is typically something indicated in the board. So this means it's probably more accurate to say the actual pioneer is Shingo Araki, as well as Shigeyasu Yamauchi to an extent, however Yoshihiko Umakoshi worked with them both so frequently that when paired with his legendary drawing ability, ended up isolating himself as the main perpetrator when it comes to animating action in that way
Perhaps it sounds silly, but I actually found the site through the green tags! I was thinking about that one thing you see in some shows where something gets destroyed and they show that by having it break apart into cubes. I was delighted to find that this site not only gave them a name (yutapon_cubes) but also had a bunch of examples. I can appreciate that these tags are sort of loose as you say, and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I also think there can be a lot of value in having names for things, especially when they're a bit more archaic like the eye and the cubes. Names make them easier to talk about, think about, and find more info about, I think. To that end, I had actually already been skimming through the rest of the green tags already, it was just the two I asked about that had no info on them.

At any rate, good to know I was mostly on the right track. The info on the umakoshi_eye is interesting, if a bit beyond my depth. I suppose I wasn't much aware of the distinction between story boarding and animation, I am vaguely aware of the concept of story boarding but I'm used to thinking of animation as a term covering the whole process. Is it correct to say a story board is meant to lay out the broad strokes of each of the shots of a piece? But by that understanding, I'm surprised the eye makes it in there, given how brief it is in many cases. But I suppose it maybe still constitutes a significant movement of the camera, and maybe there is enough distinction in the shots before and after to have to treat them as separate shots anyway?

Well but regardless, thank you for confirming my understanding, and for the additional info!