Did anyone see 'How Do You Live' by Miyazaki?
I'm wondering how many people here saw the film. A lot of the animation work was done by Takeshi Honda. The film took about seven years to complete in comparison to the usual 2 years for Ghibli films. I remember Toshio Suzuki mentioning the film used 60 animators but they were taking so long to make it because they were drawing 'more frames'. I wonder how that translates to the final product - is it more densely detailed with fluid animation?
I would like some info about the animation if anyone has seen it. Is it a step up from the usual Ghibli productions or much of the same?
The first couple paragraphs of this review here should help: https://fullfrontal.moe/how-do-you-live-review/
I saw the film in October. I wouldn't say it's a significantly more beautiful Ghibli film in terms of the animation. It's still very much in Miyazaki's usual style. However I would say there are a lot of scenes where the animation is center stage. It has a lot of scenes with minimal dialogue, as well as a fantasy world where Miyazaki gets to flex his imagination.