MAPPA + JJK’s Production
The production of JJK has been horrendous and the staff is speaking out. What are your guy’s thoughts. I may be being too optimistic, but MAPPA may be having their comeuppance if the staff persists.
Gibson said:
The production of JJK has been horrendous and the staff is speaking out. What are your guy’s thoughts. I may be being too optimistic, but MAPPA may be having their comeuppance if the staff persists.
Horrible production circumstance that reflects the companies reckless approach to production that has been quite apparent for some time now, but expecting comeuppance is pretty naive considering production crashes like this happen on a seasonal basis for the industry, and the simple fact that most of the animators speaking up have little to no tie to the studio before JJK2, so whatever bridges burnt are unlikely to end the prowess of the prod line a whole.
have to also remember most of the people watching JJK dont know what a mappa is or are even semi-aware of the production collapse. As long as Gojo is still hot the show is succeeding
Gibson said:
Doubt it. As bad as it is with MAPPA, it's a problem that's embolic not just with the Anime industry, but the Animation industry as a whole (the amount of horror stories that companies like Warner Bros. or Technicolor have produced from their staff is about on par with MAPPA). Even if MAPPA actually improves, you still have a problem that, by and large, affects everyone else too.
Gibson said:
Honestly, even though I knew the animation industry, usually regardless of location, was shit, in both pay and time management, hard to believe that nothing concrete was done about it, even now. Even if one studio changes their ways with production (i.e. Madhouse, which ironically was the reason for MAPPA's creation), and even if MAPPA changes, which is unlikely, the problem is still present. And if I'm correct, this is the reason why only about 15% of animators in either a company or in the industry are full-time.