Midjourney Case
Yesterday, I came across a TikTok that Midjourney had stolen from hundreds of different artist. Here is the PDF:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.407208/gov.uscourts.cand.407208.129.10.pdf

When I went into it, I found a ton of people. Least surprising were mangakas. Then, there were less than recognizable artist which, sucks even more as they're being stolen from.

But, the most surprising were the animators on the list. I thought it was a coincidence to find Hiroyuki Okiura but then, I found Virgil Ross so, it ain't.

A couple more I found were:

Yutaka Nakamura
Yoshinori Kanada
Masami Obari
Kenichi Yoshida
Satoshi Kon
Takeshi Honda
Takeshi Koike
Masashi Kudo
Hideaki Anno
Hisashi Eguchi
Genndy Tartokovsky
James Baxter

There may be more but, that's what I found. Whole thing pisses me, in my opinion.
MalorMEL said:
The relatively recent AI boom and its resultant sea of copyright hell isn't too surprising these days. What *is* surprising is the amount of video game consoles in that list. Did the person who write this even vet what they were checking...?
Yeah, those ones were confusing. Couldn’t understand what they meant by XBOX (Maybe stealing the design? I’m not too sure).
Wow, it even says it stole from Osamu Tezuka and Hayao Miyazaki. Guess even the Godfather of Manga and one of the most famous Anime movie directors aren't safe. And now I see inanimate objects like game consoles got stolen from, hell even Chris Niosi, a VA who isn't even known for his animations anymore got stolen from.

In all honesty, I think it's easier to find animators it DIDN'T steal from, like I didn't see any primary Toei animators, or any of the new talent within the last few years.
Kogane said:
Wow, it even says it stole from Osamu Tezuka and Hayao Miyazaki. Guess even the Godfather of Manga and one of the most famous Anime movie directors aren't safe. And now I see inanimate objects like game consoles got stolen from, hell even Chris Niosi, a VA who isn't even known for his animations anymore got stolen from.

In all honesty, I think it's easier to find animators it DIDN'T steal from, like I didn't see any primary Toei animators, or any of the new talent within the last few years.
Honestly, I'm shocked at how many animators and video game consoles are on the list.

I am surprised more internet artists besides Niosi aren't there though, AI feels like the perfect thing for burgeoning internet artists and animators to be cribbed by.