Thoughts on a foliage tag?
I've been thinking lately that a foliage flag would be useful. The way that the leaves of trees and bushes are drawn in anime is a very specific effect that isn't covered by any existing tag. Some examples of the type of animation I'm talking about can be found in post #85470, post #247879, and post #142467

I understand that there's virtue in keeping the list of tags small, and that there's no sense in making a tag for every object or physical phenomena, but I think there's room for this one

I'd be interested to hear what you all think
haikei_douga said:
especially when you consider that a tag like blood is accepted, when it's really not all that different from liquid
blood and water tags are aliases of the liquid tag
https://www.sakugabooru.com/tag_alias?query=liquid&commit=Search+Aliases
N4ssim said:
blood and water tags are aliases of the liquid tag
https://www.sakugabooru.com/tag_alias?query=liquid&commit=Search+Aliases
Huh I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Do you have any thoughts on a foliage tag?
Whenever they're actually animated (since you know, trees and and bushes aren't known for moving much, lol) they almost always are covered by the morphing that because that's the actual type of animation on display. It's a neat specific type of sequence, but if anything I think it's one that would be better served with a pool
kViN said:
Whenever they're actually animated (since you know, trees and and bushes aren't known for moving much, lol) they almost always are covered by the morphing that because that's the actual type of animation on display. It's a neat specific type of sequence, but if anything I think it's one that would be better served with a pool
While I agree with your analysis of foliage animation as a subset of morphing, I think we could consider established tags (fabric, for example) to be subsets of morphing as well. While both foliage and fabric fall under the umbrella of morphing, I think they are both distinct enough effects that they warrant their own tags