Any way to bring a deleted post back?
I really liked this cut in AoT final season but CG police took it down for a very unjustified reason imo. I personally don't know how best to record/reupload this
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/241415
ItsAMemeMario said:
I really liked this cut in AoT final season but CG police took it down for a very unjustified reason imo. I personally don't know how best to record/reupload this
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/241415
If a mod already deleted it when it was uploaded by a longtime contributor, the odds of it being accepted upon reupload only four months later are slim to none. Considering the focus of sakugabooru is 2d animation, I dunno if it’ll ever be accepted. That being said, this isn’t the first time this discussion has happened (see the comments under post #40496).

It’s a great cut, just maybe not fit for the site, at least according to current moderation standards. Maybe in the future they’ll think differently, but who knows?
MuddyYoshi said:
If a mod already deleted it when it was uploaded by a longtime contributor, the odds of it being accepted upon reupload only four months later are slim to none. Considering the focus of sakugabooru is 2d animation, I dunno if it’ll ever be accepted. That being said, this isn’t the first time this discussion has happened (see the comments under post #40496).

It’s a great cut, just maybe not fit for the site, at least according to current moderation standards. Maybe in the future they’ll think differently, but who knows?
Oh yeah I've read that thread too. One person said "I'm leaving this post up for now until I can get all the admins together for a chat," **6 years ago**. It looks like there has been no progress and if that post staying up isn't the mods having double standards and playing favorites, I don't know what is. The snarky, lazy comment "nothing noteworthy on the hand-drawn layers" by the mod who deleted the AoT post didn't help to justify the deletion either.

Oh, and new comments by me and one other person on that deleted post were just deleted in the past hour. Bravo.
ItsAMemeMario said:
Oh yeah I've read that thread too. One person said "I'm leaving this post up for now until I can get all the admins together for a chat," **6 years ago**. It looks like there has been no progress and if that post staying up isn't the mods having double standards and playing favorites, I don't know what is. The snarky, lazy comment "nothing noteworthy on the hand-drawn layers" by the mod who deleted the AoT post didn't help to justify the deletion either.

Oh, and new comments by me and one other person on that deleted post were just deleted in the past hour. Bravo.
You have no idea what you're talking about, including the fact that "one person" is actually a (now inactive) mod and founding member of the site, and that she did trigger the conversation that led to the rules around nearly full CG sequences with that upload. Personally I was in favor of fluidity but most users at the time demanded something more broadly applicable. We settled on not accepting 100% CG sequences to avoid bloating the scope of the site but still make some room for scenes where there are 2D elements that *on their own* feel worth archiving. That is what libo's deletion comment alluded to. This has been the criteria since then and it's not going to change anytime soon. If you think it's subjective, congratulations, you're starting to understand this website and art altogether.

(Also, no idea who nuked the comments, but they did right. This is not Youtube nor social media. The focus of the comments is for sourcing and actual production info. We allow some comments on the animation and even senseless screaming right after something people are excited about drops, but dozens upon dozens of comments are deleted every single day especially for non-current uploads. This is not the place for this. If anyone wants to reach out about moderation or technical issues, there are other channels for that. I handle constant Dms about this that aren't relevant to people who just want to use the site and have readily available info.)
Also the punchline is that I'm actually the person who just undeleted it, because I think the sluggish nature of the smoke contributes to the scene feeling capital b Big - implying the size of something through the timing and spacing of its animation is a trick as old as time, and fairly successfully used here. If you'd just reached out normally, you'd have saved yourself from getting mad at things you were making up.
First of all, thanks for undeleting it whatever the reason. I admit I'm not too good at navigating through this site beyond searching posts with tags, and there was no way I could have found out about the internal discussions that have happened (about this, please if there is a centralized announcement place point me to it).

Sorry for jumping to conclusions and getting somewhat aggresive. I understand and am in support of deleting those comments having been explained the reason.

kViN said:
If you'd just reached out normally
How should I do that? Afaik you can't dm users and there is no "contact moderator" function. Tbh, I don't even know who the mods are. I'll reach out properly next time
About the post itself, I think there are more than just smoke effects that make it sakuga-worthy. The multi-layer fire particles (which as far as I can tell are hand-drawn) add depth to the scene. Some CG elements are cleverly switched to hand-drawn animation when close to the camera (e.g. Armin's broken face and Eren's forearm at the end before he swings it down), not to mention lots of the CG is already completely drawn over with smears added.
ItsAMemeMario said:
How should I do that? Afaik you can't dm users and there is no "contact moderator" function. Tbh, I don't even know who the mods are. I'll reach out properly next time
Click on a person's profile, there's a send message button on the bottom of the page. Further, you can access your inbox by going to My Profile > My Mail. There's also a compose message button on the bottom of that page.
ItsAMemeMario said:
First of all, thanks for undeleting it whatever the reason. I admit I'm not too good at navigating through this site beyond searching posts with tags, and there was no way I could have found out about the internal discussions that have happened (about this, please if there is a centralized announcement place point me to it).

Sorry for jumping to conclusions and getting somewhat aggresive. I understand and am in support of deleting those comments having been explained the reason.
Apologies for the harsh tone as well, it's just a bit of a recurring issue you got caught in the middle of. The rules are in the wiki, with more granular technical explanations in the dedicated pages you can access through the main one https://sakugabooru.com/wiki/show?title=help%3Ahome. Since it can be a lot to take in, and there are some details that are hard to come across, I think plainly asking is just better. There's a ridiculous amount of content to moderate so I'm aware that we all sometimes leave lacking reasons in the deletion field (especially if it's a veteran user like this, whom you can just say "nope" to and they'll get why) but with enough context, I think this case was fairly clear. Saying that the element of focus (at least booru-wise) wasn't particularly remarkable doesn't mean it's even bad or that the scene as a whole has an issue, just that the people who made the decision thought it wasn't worth archiving for a series that is already quite well represented. I'm one of the owners of the site and have nearly 200 deleted uploads, and they're not all simple replacements - sometimes others just agree that it was a stretch and that should be fine.

There's a flagging button that effectively does that "contact moderator" function, though it's aimed at unapproved uploads you want to bring attention to for some reason (like them being a duplicate, issues playing in certain devices, etc). I think messaging in general is more effective, especially if you want to argue in favor of a deleted upload and thus need to get in your view of the sequence. You can DM people on the site by going to their profile and clicking "Send message" at the bottom. It's not exactly the most graceful messaging system, but it's how a lot of this stuff is handled to avoid clogging up the site too much. You can message me or any mod (these are the current mods https://i.imgur.com/ZnUtaTA.png / https://i.imgur.com/OyCMqtY.png), though many users have simply reached out to whichever visible face of the community they've come across - even if they're not a mod themselves, they'll probably know who to poke. I'd say most of them do it through Twitter and Discord though, just because they're more suited for this.

About the post itself, I think there are more than just smoke effects that make it sakuga-worthy. The multi-layer fire particles (which as far as I can tell are hand-drawn) add depth to the scene. Some CG elements are cleverly switched to hand-drawn animation when close to the camera (e.g. Armin's broken face and Eren's forearm at the end before he swings it down), not to mention lots of the CG is already completely drawn over with smears added.
That last argument is the one that makes it click the most for me, since the timing of the 2DFX matches that of the bodies too. It simply clicks together to emphasize the scale, and imo that is good enough here.
Thanks for the guidance, I'll make sure to follow it.