ItsAMemeMario said:
Oh yeah I've read that thread too. One person said "I'm leaving this post up for now until I can get all the admins together for a chat," **6 years ago**. It looks like there has been no progress and if that post staying up isn't the mods having double standards and playing favorites, I don't know what is. The snarky, lazy comment "nothing noteworthy on the hand-drawn layers" by the mod who deleted the AoT post didn't help to justify the deletion either.

Oh, and new comments by me and one other person on that deleted post were just deleted in the past hour. Bravo.
You have no idea what you're talking about, including the fact that "one person" is actually a (now inactive) mod and founding member of the site, and that she did trigger the conversation that led to the rules around nearly full CG sequences with that upload. Personally I was in favor of fluidity but most users at the time demanded something more broadly applicable. We settled on not accepting 100% CG sequences to avoid bloating the scope of the site but still make some room for scenes where there are 2D elements that *on their own* feel worth archiving. That is what libo's deletion comment alluded to. This has been the criteria since then and it's not going to change anytime soon. If you think it's subjective, congratulations, you're starting to understand this website and art altogether.

(Also, no idea who nuked the comments, but they did right. This is not Youtube nor social media. The focus of the comments is for sourcing and actual production info. We allow some comments on the animation and even senseless screaming right after something people are excited about drops, but dozens upon dozens of comments are deleted every single day especially for non-current uploads. This is not the place for this. If anyone wants to reach out about moderation or technical issues, there are other channels for that. I handle constant Dms about this that aren't relevant to people who just want to use the site and have readily available info.)